“Luckie” Goodman began SignArt in his garage in February of 1958.
Supplied with a hand full of lettering and show card brushes he drew out and hand painted all of his signs. As a kid, his son Bill was always around to help fill-in letters or paint something in the shop.
In 1974 Bill joined his Dad full time and they eventually moved to its current location at 4226 Blanco Rd. In 1983, the name of the business was changed to Goodman SignArt, Inc. to reflect Bill’s involvement with the management of the company. It was also during this time period that computers and technology were introduced to the sign industry. Luckie decided to semi-retire only working part time lettering show cards and pursuing his interests in magic and life drawing.
In 2000 Bill’s daughter Melissa began working part time in the office and eventually came on board full time. She currently carries the responsibility of helping Bill run the company in the areas of office and operations management, while contributing layouts and designs.
Since the early days and into the present, we have embraced “old School” craftsmanship and the latest in technology to bring the customer the best in design and fabrication.